AN ATHLETE'S JOURNEY
Right Now You Might be Feeling…
- Overwhelmed with nutrition information. What am I supposed to eat? Does timing matter?
- Frustrated that you are not able to reach your performance goals even though you know you can and want to do better.
- Strapped for time. Maybe you are skipping meals/snacks or are always having grab and go options because of your busy schedule.
- That you lack energy halfway through a workout or are “hitting the wall.”
- That you want to achieve a healthy relationship with your body and food but find yourself worried about what you should be eating during the day to achieve your body composition goals.
Imagine if things changed and you…
- Became a stronger and faster athlete
- Had enough energy to train and compete
- Understood what you should eat during the day and around training to maximize performance, prevent injury and illness while meeting your nutritional needs
- Knew you specific hydration needs
- Improved gut health
- Knew which sports supplements are right for you
- Could balance training, everyday life and eat well
and even had…
- A plan for race day
- Easy-to-go to meals and snacks when eating on the road and for everyday
- A plan for carbohydrate loading
- Easy go-to recipes and knew how to plan your week for success!
My Role and Why I can Help:
My passions are nutrition, working with people and sports! So being a sports dietitian is what I love to do! I get how confusing nutrition can be, especially sports nutrition. There is so much information out there and it can often become difficult to know who to believe or what to eat.
That’s where I can help.
As a long-distance runner, I have noticed the effects on my performance, mood, energy levels and gut health when I don’t eat well or take care of myself. Nutrition, although one part of the puzzle, is really important and can make a difference.
I don’t offer another fad diet or a quick fix because not only does it not support my key values but research proves that these diets compromise performance, lead to or promote poor body image, mess up hormone levels, increase risk of injuries and do not meet nutrition needs. Let’s change that TOGETHER.
My goal is that you feel EMPOWERED, FASTER, STRONGER and overall a HAPPIER human-being. Because being active, feeling like the best version of yourself is what life is all about!
This is perfect for you if:
- You are looking for the right nutrition information to increase your performance and maintain a healthy lifestyle for years to come
- You are struggling in knowing how you should be fueling before, during and after workouts
- You are interested in the journey of reaching your nutrition goals and not just the final outcome
- You are tired of all the nutrition information out there and ready to feel empowered by your choices
- You want to treat your body with respect and gain a healthy relationship with your body and food
- You are motivated and an action taker.
- Ready to invest sometime is yourself! Nothing happens overnight and as any athlete knows, motivation and determination are keys to success!
This may not be for you if:
- You are looking just for a quick fix, 1 stop-shop meal plan or macronutrient breakdown. This may help achieve short-term goals but is not sustainable and won’t leave you ending our sessions feeling empowered and nutrition-savvy!
- Not willing to do the work. I am here for support and guidance, like a coach, but won’t force you to make changes.
Click on each offering to see how the next few months of working together will look like. This is just a framework and sessions may change based on your specific goals.
Unlimited email support during sessions (Ready for Gold Package only).
Meal & Snack Ideas
Including what to eat when travelling!
Individualized towards your goals.
The Next Step:
TEAM SPORTS NUTRITION
Working as a team is one of the best ways to achieve success. Below are a list of services that I provide.
- 1.5 Hour Grocery Store Tour - We will review how to read nutrition labels, how to choose produce, common nutrition myths and nutritious snack choices. Leave with a personalized grocery list and grocery store guide.
- Nutrition suggestions and recipes when traveling and on the road
- Hydration monitoring
- Athlete or parent workshops
- Individualized nutrition assessments
The Next Step:
Did you know?
Dietitian services are covered by most health insurance plans through Extended Health Care Services.
Contact your service provider to see if you are eligible.
Nutrition counselling is not covered through Alberta Health Care.