- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 7 Tbsp water)
- 2/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cups almonds (slivered or chopped)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- frozen blueberries
- any fruit! (fresh mango tastes amazing)
- hemp hearts or chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch pan with coconut oil.
- Before the oven reaches 350ºF, add the shredded coconut to a baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Check in every 5 minutes, depending on the temperature because it does brown quickly (mine took about 8 minutes).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ground flaxseed with water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut*, oats, almonds, blueberries and salt.
- Add the maple syrup and milk to the flaxseed mixture and whisk to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave until melted (~20 seconds) and mix into the medium sized bowl. Whisk thoroughly to remove any clumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- Pour oatmeal into pan and even out.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until slightly brown.
- Increase oven temperature to 400ºF and bake for about 5 minutes to brown edges and crisp the top.
- Eat and enjoy!
* Note: You can try adding all of the coconut at once or leave half to add into the prepared dish.
Interesting nutrition fact!
Did you know that our body does not absorb the healthy fats (omega-3s) from flaxseed unless it is ground up?! However, whole flaxseed is a great source of fibre ;).
Inspired by Minimalist Baker