Long weekend is finally here! Not going to lie, with how busy things have been lately, I nearly forgot. But that doesn’t mean I won’t try to slow things down a bit, enjoy some family time and make a delicious breakfast to celebrate!
If you are ever wanting pancakes but need something quick and for one serving, these are one of my favourite things to make. Not to mention, they are also a great way to add variety into your breakfast or workout routine.
For athletes or gym goers ⟶ This is an ideal post-workout meal or pre-workout fuel!
- 1 banana, medium-ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp chia seeds
- ~ 1 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1.5 Tsp cinnamon (adjust per taste)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract (adjust per taste)
- Fruit (i.e. frozen or fresh berries, peaches, pear)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Maple Syrup
- Mash up banana in a bowl.
- Whip up some eggs either in a separate bowl or with the banana.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Once warm, add mixture.
- Flip once bubbles form on outer ends of pancake.
Serves well with some turkey bacon on the side!
Interesting nutrition fact!
Did you know that there are 3 types of omega-3 fats and that chia seeds and walnuts contain a type of omega-3 fat called ALA or alpha-linolenic acid. ALA is an essential fat that we have to eat (our body does not make it!)
- Per day, women (19 years +) should aim for 1.1g and men (19 years +) should aim for 1.6g of ALA.
Fun fact is…per Tbsp, chia seeds have 1.9g and a ¼ cup of walnuts (noix/ English/ Persian) has 2.3g.
Happy Family Day long weekend!
Per Serving (pancake only): 385kcal, 22g protein, 20g fat, 24g carbohydrates, 10g fibre.